Mashed cauliflower is a healthier option to regular mashed potatoes, but it's delicious! This side dish is also a fun change up when cooking for friends and family. I love using cream cheese because it gives the cauliflower some much needed creaminess and flavor.
- 1 head cauliflower - 1/2 garlic clove, minced - 2 tbsps cream cheese - 1 tbsp salted butter - Salt - Pepper
- On the stove, place a medium-sized pot filled with water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Add salt.
- Wash the head of cauliflower in water and remove the stem so it falls apart into florets.
- Place the florets in the boiling water. Boil for five to ten minutes (You’ll know it’s done when a fork goes through the floret easily).
- Dump the cauliflower in a strainer and let it sit to dry for about 15 minutes (You want as much of the water off so your mash won’t be runny).
- In a food processor or mixing bowl, add your your cauliflower, minced garlic, one tbsp. cream cheese (start with this amount and add more if you want the consistency to be thicker), and butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pulse (or use a hand mixer/big spoon to combine).
- Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.